Welcome to Beauty of Water!
Beauty of Water generates collaborative art experiences in communities around the world on the theme of appreciation for water. We are volunteer-based, co-creative, and non-profit. Beauty of Water projects emerge. That means we join with people who share our passion for honoring water and making art, and together we design projects and carry them out. Let’s play!
Spirit of Water Edmonds
In collaboration with Fabric of Life fair trade shop in Edmonds, Washington, USA, local artist Mona T. Smiley-Fairbanks, and members of this community, Beauty of Water is co-creating a system for the roof of the shop to catch and reuse rainwater. Check out the Spirit of Water Edmonds website.
We’re in the early stages and it’s not too late to get involved. Drop us a line to find out more. We welcome wild imagination!
The Womens Environmental Artists Directory is a leading resource for ecoart and ecoartists.
The current issue of the WEAD online magazine, edited by Susan Leibovitz Steinman, includes a version of the story of the Beauty of Water Kerala Backwaters Workshop (see our Accomplishments page for more context). Read the story.
Top photo by V.Sasikumar, Beauty of Water collaborator.
Each year the Arts and Healing Network presents surprise awards to healing artists who are making a difference in the world. Beauty of Water was recently honored among four artists including founding director Liza Behrendt, for “bringing transformational creativity to one of the most important and threatened resources on our planet – WATER.” More…
Beauty of Water is delighted to be a project of the International Humanities Center.
Contact Beauty of Water · Donate to Beauty of Water · Thank you Free CSS Templates
© Beauty of Water
- The definitive guide to eco-printmakingIf you’re interested in eco-printmaking, this guide is the perfect tool to get you started. Written by experts in the field, it covers everything you need to know, from materials and techniques to finding your first clients. What is eco-printmaking? Eco-printmaking is a new and innovative way to print images that uses less energy and […]
- Why this South African water expert says you should start drinking itDr. Johan Louw is a South African water expert who says that many people are underestimating the importance of water and its importance to our health. He believes that we should all start drinking more water, not just for its essential hydration benefits, but also for its reduction in risk of disease. The health benefits […]
- How to Power Forward with the Most Important Resource You HaveIf you’re like most people, you’re not limited by your environment. You can power through any challenge, as long as you know how to use your brain. In this guide, we’ll teach you the basics of how your brain works, and how to use its strengths to achieve success. With these techniques, you’ll be able […]
- 5 Positive Motivational Sayings to Help You Stay PositiveDo you sometimes find it hard to stay positive throughout the day? Maybe you need a few motivational words to help you on your way. In this article, you’ll find 5 positive motivational sayings that can help keep you on track. With these sage words of encouragement, you can conquer any obstacle that comes your […]
- The Beauty of Water Projects: What You’ll Get Out of ThemIf you’re looking to get your hands dirty and make some improvements around your home, then you’ll love these water projects! From fixing a leaky faucet to installing an entire irrigation system, there’s something for everyone to do. And because these projects are relatively easy to do, you can get started right away! What are […]
- “Discover the Creative Power of Female Environmental Artists!”Many people often forget that women can be just as creative as men when it comes to creating art. However, female environmental artists have shown us that they are just as capable of inspiring change and caring for our planet. With their talent and dedication, these artists are helping to make a difference in the […]
- How to Overcome Procrastination and Successfully Start a projectYou’ve been avoiding starting new projects for years now, but don’t worry, you can overcome your fear and start working on those projects you’ve been putting off. This guide will walk you through the process of setting goals, creating a plan, and sticking to it. With a little effort, you’ll be on your way to […]
- The most exciting things happening in the arts this year!This year has been something of a landmark year for the arts, with many new and innovative pieces released. Some of the most exciting things happening in the arts this year include: Highlights of the most innovative and exciting art released in 2017 In 2017, there was a lot of new and innovative art released. […]
- The One Thing You Must Do to Earn an AHN Award NominationMaking nominations for the American Health Nursing Awards is a must if you want to be considered for a prestigious award. There are many categories to choose from, and the deadline is December 1st. If you’re up for the challenge, be sure to get your nomination in before the clock runs out! What are the […]