About Beauty of Water
Beauty of Water was founded in California in 2006 by Liza Behrendt. Our first projects took place in Kerala, India, in partnership with Latha Kurien Rajeev, V.Sasikumar, and many other amazing people. We are now working in the the Seattle area, Washington State, USA.
Our mission is to expand appreciation for water through artistic collaborations, stimulating positive shifts in the human relationship with water and inspiring greater caregiving for water everywhere. We share with infinite others the vision of restoration and harmony on our gorgeous planet. And we focus on the world we want to live in.
Beauty of Water is gradually working with communities around the world. We offer opportunities for leadership, creativity, learning, and service, tapping into a greater purpose and interconnectivity. We partner with professional and amateur artists, schools, colleges, organizations, clubs, and individuals, co-creating collaborations that are just right in each context. Sound good? Let’s start a project!
- The planet and life upon it are worth saving.
- All life is interconnected.
- Healthy water is inseparable from healthy life.
- We are more likely to take care of our water sources the more we recognize our vital relationship with them.
- Human beings are innately highly creative and capable of positive and innovative thinking.
- Restoring and enhancing harmony between the human species and living systems on the planet requires innovative, paradigm-shifting, holistically aware measures.
- Diversity is foundational to game-changing transformation.
- Appreciation inspires, motivates, builds morale, and cultivates openness to possibility.
- Artistic expression combines celebration of existence with opportunity to affect transformation.
- Partnership and collaboration are pathways to win-win solutions that may not otherwise evolve.
- Fiscal and operational responsibility ensure the success of Beauty of Water.
Concepts, Methodologies, Pioneers & Ancestors
Beauty of Water gratefully draws upon concepts and contributions others have made to create a better world:
Center for Sustainable Practice in the Arts
The Co-Intelligence Institute
Community Arts Network
Dr. Masaru Emoto
Expressive Ways of Knowing
Fifth Order Consciousness
Institute of Noetic Sciences
Women Environmental Artists Directory (WEAD)
See also: Inspirations
Beauty of Water logo – drop into heart
What kind of art is this?
Beauty of Water sits at the crossroads between social sculpture, community art, and environmental art or ecoart.
Beauty of Water is delighted to be a project of the International Humanities Center.
Contact Beauty of Water · Donate to Beauty of Water · Thank you Free CSS Templates
© Beauty of Water